Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Explanation of the script below

Okay so the script below is an idea that I have had in my notebook for a long time. I have a big long list of ideas for comedic short films and I have been going through and knocking them off one by one. This one seemed easier to write than some of the other ones so I decided to write it out a couple of days a go.

I like the comedic idea in a scene of getting some momentum going in one direction and then at the last second switching directions and catching people off guard. One thing that I have noticed with this is that it makes it imperative that the scene before the switch comes across as legitimate and real, otherwise the scene never gains the momentum that you plan to destroy at the end for comedic effect. For this one the opening scene with the president in the oval office needs to feel real in order for the ending to have maximum effect.

Anyway, let me know what you think of the scene. Does the ending work? Is there anything I should change about the beginning to make it feel more real? Is there anything I could do to give it more momentum or to make the ending have better effect? Feel free to let me know your opinions.

-Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment